General

When contacting support, please include your Trakt username and the app or plugin you are using. We only handle support for the Trakt website and API. If you're using a 3rd party app, please contact them directly with any questions or issues.

Please create a support ticket by clicking Contact Support in the right sidebar for any issues with movies or tv shows (data duplications, updates/refreshes, data removals, etc), include links and as many details as possible.

The more info you can provide, the faster we'll be able to help you out.

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates and fixes. 

Thanks, 
The Trakt Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Idea: Community Moderators

Hi,

Trakt is growing bigger and bigger, with the new v2 it's obvious that you guys are a little bit shortstaffed.

It isn't easy to manage 800k users and this huge pile of data with 10 people or something like that. hence, there is a need for external voluntary help.

For example, you have GoodReads, it's a huge social network for books, it relays on a 'librarian' system where people can apply to be a 'librarian', a librarian can add books and edit current ones, add posters and stuff like that, then there's superior librarians who have more power and…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Long Term  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Movie language matching with "original title"

After coming by this too often:
    Please rely on the original title language from TMDB only as a fallback. It's wrong on tons of foreign movies due to the fact that the field was added just over a year ago.

I would take the language field as the default and only if multiple languages are found do a comparison with the "original title". Wouldn't hurt to display all of them anyways though ;).

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alternate show dates for different regions

Alternate show dates for different regions (i.e. Doctor Who on BBC America vs. Doctor Who on BBC One)

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Graphically present timeline of watched/collected episodes

I think it would be cool and useful if the progress bars in the watched/collected screens was filled by what episodes you've seen, so that if there's a 3 season show, and you've seen season two, the 33% of the bar filled would be in the middle of the progress bar. Gives a nice one-look view of whether you are missing any of the latest episodes.

For a graphical representation, see https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5wdnn22x58c9w1/trakt-idea.jpg?dl=0

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Removing early rating (ie rating of unreleased episode) or banning early rater?

Hi TrackTV team,

I know I'm onto a topic that have been discussed already, and I'm trying the shed a new light here, my apologies if this has been already discussed also.

I'm seeing more and more rating on episode that have not been released yet, which is annoying (because it is not very smart) but mostly it is biaising the overall rate of a tv show (unless it gets loads of votes), hence degrading the trust a user can have of TrackTV ratings.

I have seen several other requests that have been denied but none pointing out the negative…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Flag deleted TVDB shows

Trakt relies a lot on TVDB for shows. Sometimes TVDB has duplicates which eventually get fixed. But when that happens, these dupes are still available on Trakt.

I suggest coming up with a notification system that warns when a show has a TVDB entry disappear. Who would get notified? Well, mostly you guys, since you're the ones with the ability to remove dupes. Maybe you could also add a warning on the show page that the TVDB entry is gone and that Trakt admins are investigating.

This might cut down on dupes and the constant reports about them.

Note: this…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. News and articles about shows, movies, etc

I wonder if would be good a main page with news related to series or movies, news in general so we can use trakt for something more than just selecting what we see.. to use it like a real and trustworthy entertainment website.

Perhaps with a section dedicated to detect series that you've seen or are in your watchlist, so that you go there knowing that you'll read something of your interest.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Long Term  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Turn "Up next to watch" on the Dashboard into a sideways scroll

Instead of having to click "SEE MORE", we could just press a left or right arrow that would show everything we have on "Up next to watch".

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Compare watched progress with another user

Compare your watchprogress with another user (like e.g. in steam).

Would be nice to have the possibility to compare the own progress with one (ore more) other users side-by-side.

Like http://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/3595512-compare-watchlists-with-another-user- this could increase the social process, like whatching episodes, which both are missing together and so on

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Long Term  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Status: canceled

It would be cool if on the status of a series, those that were canceled showed up as canceled. There ia a big difference in "ended" (has an ending) and "canceled" (has no ending, normally).

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adjust "up next" episodes to be selected as earliest unwatched episode for people skipping around a series.

TL;DR: If I've viewed some episodes from season 1 and some from season 7, let me choose my "next episode" to default to the earliest unwatched episode (season 1) rather than the current default of the latest (season 7).

Shows without a plot (i.e. documentaries, sketch shows, etc.) are quite often watched out of order. For example, here's my viewing of ESPN's 30 for 30 series.

http://i.imgur.com/6N8GzKW.png

As you can see episode 3x03 is "up next" but I still have quite a few episodes before it in season 1 and 2 to watch. The true "next" episode for me to…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Comments and Moderation

I've written a rather short summary of my thoughts about the comments in v2 of trakt here: https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/7325147-a-little-feedback-about-comments

Now, this was closed at the end of April with the comment saying the not finished, other things you'd "cover" in other tasks. So, 8 months later and nothing more happened.
    There's an even older suggestion about "community moderators" here: https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/6955017-idea-community-moderators
    That one is from January with a "Long Term" label.
    While I do not agree with the suggested application requirements, I still do think trakt definitely needs moderators for comments.
    And with moderators a way to message people directly. That would…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Progress Page On Actors/Actress Profile

When you go onto an Actor/Actress profile there should be a progress meter similar to the TV show one where it would tell you how many of the movies you have watched of the actor. This could also include a hide watched function. For example, If I were to go onto Chris Pratt's page it would show that I have watched The Lego Movie and Guardians of the Galaxy. It would also say that I have watched 2 out of 25 things he is in. There could also be another function to filter TV Shows and Movies. Thank you.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. UK Airdates

Can you in addition to selecting your timezone actually set what country you watch in and then pull the appropriate air dates of episodes in from tv rage/thetvdb.

E.g. I live in the UK so 2 broke girls is 8 episodes behind but i'd like to be able to track it consistently with the UK so i'm not seeing episodes that need watching that haven't even aired yet (at least not locally).

An option to toggle this on or off for different shows (as some won't have relevant air dates - because tvrage/thetvdb hash't been updated or because it doesn't…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Long Term  ·  7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Whats Music in that Movie/Show or Episode of Show (Soundtrack)

Have informations about the soudtrack of the Movie/Show/Episode is very cool

Maybe a integration with https://www.tunefind.com/ or http://www.what-song.com/

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Episodes in grid format on Progress page

Hello,

There are only 6 "Up-To-Next" episodes on home page and personal progress page only shows episodes on right side as list.

It would be really great see them like the watchlist so it will be easy to decide watch shows to watch.

https://i.imgur.com/kcu65Le.png

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Writer, director, and guest stars for TV episodes

I was wondering if it's possible to get the Writer/Director information from TV-episodes over to trakt. Right now those are missing on the people page. Maybe connecting the show and an episode count would be enough?

TV-directors just get left off the site. But many well known film directors like Spielberg, Scorsese, Tarantino, Cameron, Hitchcock, J.J. Abrams and Lynch have had their hand in TV aswell (without credit on the site). Anthology series are another thing where this would be great.

Replaces: https://getsatisfaction.com/trakt/topics/writer_director_credits_on_tv_shows

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. TV listing + guide

So I watch a lot of tv shows in one day it would be cool if u add a tv guide only for the states and canada or any other major country like that I know that if I miss an episode at 10 I could watch it at 12 I know this is a long term project and most probably get declined but it would be cool to have everything under one webdite

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Long Term  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Import my movie rating from Flixster.com

I'd like to import all my ratings from flixster.com

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

VIP Ideas  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Chat rooms per movie, show, and episode

If there is chat room that keeps the people who watch the same thing in touch so they can chat about it while they are watching , that would be a lot of fun ,,,, thank u

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Long Term  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base