General

When contacting support, please include your Trakt username and the app or plugin you are using. We only handle support for the Trakt website and API. If you're using a 3rd party app, please contact them directly with any questions or issues.

Please create a support ticket by clicking Contact Support in the right sidebar for any issues with movies or tv shows (data duplications, updates/refreshes, data removals, etc), include links and as many details as possible.

The more info you can provide, the faster we'll be able to help you out.

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates and fixes. 

Thanks, 
The Trakt Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [idea] check items on friends lists

Lets say I am on a movie page, and I click on "lists" I'll get for example here: http://trakt.tv/movie/thor-the-dark-world-2013/lists
    The given navigation elements are: "Personal" "Official" "Watchlists" "All" - of all members of trakt.
    On those pages it would be fantastic to filter JUST the list of friends (or people I follow) - so I could see if he/she already has it on his/her watchlist or any personal list.

That way I don't have to recommend it anymore, when he/she knows it already.

Thank you!

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add personal status to shows via the progress page.

I would be really cool if users can mark/flag their shows manually, for example:

Watching - If the user is actively watching it.
    Renewed - If the user has caught up and the shows is on break.
    Airing - If the user has caught up and the show is airing.
    Hiatus - If the user has caught up and the show is on midseason break or something like that.
    On-Hold - If the user has paused watching the show but hasn't dropped it.
    Dropped - If the user doesn't intend to watch any-more.
    Re-watching - If the user is re-watching…

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rating actors

Rate actors and be able to put your favourite actors into a kind of collection on your profile

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Long Term  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

VIP Ideas  ·  1 comment  ·  VIP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Trakt podcasts/radio shows

The ability to trakt podcasts or radio shows would be fabulous.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Long Term  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Loving or Hating(Rating) a character

Everyone has characters that they like or don't like. It would be nice if we could say "Like" or "don't like" so we can see which personage is loved or hated. Maybe add an option to tell why you love or hate them

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Quotes or notes to the movies or tv shows you've watched

I think that it would be great if you can add quotes of a movie or show you want to remember (something similar seen on seenth.at) or you just simply found something interesting and you want to write it down for yourself (similar to the notes on goodreads)

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  10 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't recommend movies already graded

I have a recomendation to watch a movie I rated 2. One of the worst I ever watched.....

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show a chart of the ratings per episode for every season/entire series so that you can see if the show getts better/getts worse.

It would be cool so see that the first season of a show is better then the last one. Maybe you saw the last episode aired on your tv, thought is had a reasonably interesting concept, but not good enough to want too keep watching. Then you could see if the first season got different ratings and realize; "Maybe it's worth watching after all!"

I think a graph would give it a better look, and make it easier to understand and read.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show what shows/movies you both watched when browsing someones profile

Like on the Website MyAnimeList. When visting the history page of someone elses profile it would be cool to see a little statistics on top which shows how many shows/movies you both watched or rated the same.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Import movies/shows from another account

Add the ability to import in your account history, from another account on trakt, the selected movies/shows/episodes with the same watch date and the same votes.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow bulk removal of duplicate plays

Currently we can remove a single play for a single TV episode or movie. I think it would be great if we could bulk remove all duplicate plays from our entire collection.

When viewing content, I sometimes have to replay because of a streaming error, etc. This causes duplicate plays.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Long Term  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Links to previous and following movies in a movie franchise/series.

Links to previous and following movies in a movie franchise/series. E.g. on the movie page for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" link to "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1". Personally I would put the links in the box containing runtime and other meta information.

Concerning the source for this data I can tell you that The Movie DB have "collections" which seen to contain movie series and franchises. This data is accessible through their API similar to their movie data.

When you get the movie data there is…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show only Shows I have unwatched collected episodes of in Progress

When looking at the progress page, I can see all the shows I have started, but have unwatched episodes for. If I look at my collection, it's all about finishing the collection.

I'd like to filter/combine that together a bit more. I'd like to see a list of shows that I have in my collection, yet haven't finished watching. That is, ny show I have with unwatched episodes. Possibly with another option to only show the shows that I have a complete collection for (so I don't get stuck in the middle).

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show who liked my comment

Show the people who liked a comment. Just like on Facebook, so you can see who liked your comment.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tagging friends when checking in

I was thinking about a function where you could (when checking in) to tag someone who's listed as one of your friends. This way would save time when two or more persons that have trakt account watch something together. I say that based on my own experience, when I'm with friends and everyone stops to check in. what would be easier if only one could do that and tagging the other. Of course, that would mean that would have to implement too some kind of mechanism where you would allow some people to tag you and later you could just…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Long Term  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Tag your collected items

Give us the ability to tag movies, series and episodes in our collection, using tags.

Tags can be marked as private, seen by friends or been public, like it's happening with lists.

Tags can also have their own unique custom color and can be manipulated through Trakt's API.

An example would be to tag some movies for their location in user's library, i.e. in HDD #3 or in BluRay #41. If someone want to do the above example now, using lists, s/he would end up having an enormous number of lists.

Another example would be to indicate the format (i.e.…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Long Term  ·  7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More options for sorting movies/shows

It would be great if more options for sorting could be added (by director, genres....) to watchlist, library, ratings and all other places where you can sort movies and shows. I use my watchlist do decide which movie/show to watch next and library/history to go through movies/shows that I have seen when I want to recommend some of those to friends or family, so those options would make it much easier. Thanks.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add TMDB as an alternative to pull TV data

I've been using trakt a lot, I have a lot of different shows on my progress list, and recently I have started to notice that TVDB has some stupid rules, and don't allow certain shows to be added.

I propose that there should be a way for a specific show to pull its data from TMDB instead, that doesn't have those stupid rules, I don't know how hard that would be to implement, but since the website already pulls the data for movies from TMDB, I hope not a lot.
    In last resort case, there should be a way to…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  13 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Flag inaccurate or non-existent content for removal/correction

There have been numerous movies I've found that may be in the process of being made, but somehow they get a bad release date, and then they show up in my feed.

For example, "I, Robot 2" is listed as coming out on June 15, but obviously it's not. https://trakt.tv/movies/i-robot-2

It'd be nice if there was a "report inaccurate information" link. I've already tried the "Refresh Data" link a week or two ago, and nothing happened.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base