General

When contacting support, please include your Trakt username and the app or plugin you are using. We only handle support for the Trakt website and API. If you're using a 3rd party app, please contact them directly with any questions or issues.

Please create a support ticket by clicking Contact Support in the right sidebar for any issues with movies or tv shows (data duplications, updates/refreshes, data removals, etc), include links and as many details as possible.

The more info you can provide, the faster we'll be able to help you out.

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates and fixes. 

Thanks, 
The Trakt Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dashboard & Friends activity

One area where trakt currently is severely lacking is keeping up with your "network"/"friends". The number of people you can follow before the dashboard looses it's usefulness is probably a mere 3 users. Capping out at 12 recent items is quite harsh. A single casual user these days can probably nuke that feed in an evening alone (watching, collecting, commenting, lists, etc.). Going above that you can pretty much scratch that area of trakt. If you want to find out what certain people are enjoying you are forced to click on their profile AND "study"
    their history (at least for…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. search engine fault-tolerance

If I may, I'd like to ask for a slightly more 'forgiving' search engine which gives us humans the opportunity to do what we do best - make mistakes or at least be allowed not to be 100% precise all the time about our input, for instance searches including release years "Life (2015)", forgotten dots instead of space characters "Life.in.Pieces" and even more obvious spelling mistakes, which trakt at this point really does not approve of (= no results).

In my experience the IMDB engine does quite a good job in terms of 'fuzzy string searching' and I would love…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search and accentuated characters

We should be able to search without accentuated characters and see a result with. I've search for "Oscar Campo" without result because the first letter is accentuated in trakt (from its source). I need to know it's written "Óscar Campo" to find him.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Paginate the lists

Some heavy lists (1000+) are sometimes a bit too much for the browser and could be more usable if paginated

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hide "completed and ended" shows

I know there are various ways to hide shows on the progress page. But if I use"hide ended shows", it hides the ones that are ended but I haven't completed yet so I can't keep tracking on them. If I use "hide completed", I can't see when the new episode will be of them. So it would be great if you could create a button which hides shows that are both ended AND completed at the same time. This way I could see everything I am interested in right now on my progress page.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Favorite Genres" Pie Chart on Profile Page

Can the color scheme of the "Favorite Genres" Pie Chart on the Profile Page be different colors instead of "50 Shades of Red" ;] Or possibly in the settings the user can decide which colors they want their genres to represent for the profile page pie chart.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fit More Items Horizontally on Mobile Site

When you are using Trakt on mobile you have items 2 each row in lists, search and actor pages.
    While this looks and works great when you are vertical, horizontally each item has trouble fitting the screen.

Vertical
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9oF0PQyfXGBa3I1aEg0ZmpLaklxM2dtTU9zY1E1TE5BVXU4

Horizontal
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9oF0PQyfXGBZVBaU212b05VSnppYjJJOEhoSmoxNjhwNzdv

So if you had the amount of items per row increase when you are horizontal to about 4 the interface would seem less cramped.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Specials not showing in Up next to watch, even though it's the next aired episode

I have the Include Specials option in the Watch Progress settings checked ( https://i.imgur.com/bHRIVv3.png ). The show I'm watching ( https://trakt.tv/shows/the-thick-of-it/seasons/all ) has 3 specials between Season 2, which I recently finished watching, and Season 3 ( https://i.imgur.com/MyGsq6a.png ). However, the next episode to watch, in my Progress page ( https://i.imgur.com/c7Am7dm.png ) and the Dashboard ( https://i.imgur.com/56tQvIB.png ), is the Season 3 premiere.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The checkbox currently only applies to the overall percentage calculation for the show. We’ll need to update how progress calculates for the next episode.

11. Hidden items - small bug

https://trakt.tv/settings/hidden

When I have the same item in both Calendars and Watched Progress & On Deck, and I click to restore the item in Calendars, the similar item in Watched Progress & On Deck is fading away too, but when I refresh the item is back in Watched Progress & On Deck.

looks like a small bug...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow suggested friends to be ignored

I would like to have the option of hiding some network suggestions on my Inbox. The people suggested are friends on Facebook but their accounts is pretty much not used, so it is annoying to follow some "dead" account just because you want to clear your inbox. If this feature could be added it would make the experience even better.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Collection Settings

It would be nice if there was a way to set your default Collection viewing options. There is a place to set settings for Collection progress, but unless I'm missing it, there's no way to set preferences for the Collection itself. Currently, it defaults to All Types by Recently Collected... for me, it'd be more useful to show Shows by Title every time I see my Collection (thankfully, it does that on Kodi where I primarily use my Collection, but it would be helpful not to have to reset my view every time I go to it on the website).…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Swipe scroll the banner image

When on a season view of a show, trying to scroll down from the banner picture is impossible. It loads the main show site rather than scroll when using touch devices. With a nexus 5x in landscape you can't scroll down because almost all the screen shows the banner and swiping activates the link to the show page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Chrome Extension: trakttvstats

Hi !

I made an open source Chrome extension to add some functionalities to the website that was missing for my use.

It adds dynamic charts on people pages with personal statistics & complex filtering, to have a precise overview on what you've seen of the filmography of the current person. In addition to the stats candy, it's really a way to navigate in someone's work trough the user own history.

It also adds translation of movies titles, information and posters in the language of your choice (trough TMDb) and enable the addition of links to any websites in the…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The Where & The What

I was throwing away my movie tickets (cus yes, I saved tens of them), and logging the dates I saw the movies with my friends. It was cool, reminiscing with the titles and dates and looking back to the good ol' days.

My title describes what's absent from this already amazing website. We have the the when (dates) and the why (I'm assuming you like the movies you saw). But not the where and the what. Was it at a movie theater in Chicago? On demand at your house in florida, dvd, vhs, blu-ray?

This would help recapture the memories…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hide list icon when inside that list

The icon for lists is always blue for every movies when viewing a list (duh!) so it could be interesting to color only the icon of the movies who are in other lists than the one we're in

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Planning to add this back. It was removed since it was unclear to most users what it was even for. Still figuring out the best way to display that info.

19. Ability to see who liked my personal lists

It would be nice to see who liked my personal lists.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Comments and Moderation

I've written a rather short summary of my thoughts about the comments in v2 of trakt here: https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/7325147-a-little-feedback-about-comments

Now, this was closed at the end of April with the comment saying the not finished, other things you'd "cover" in other tasks. So, 8 months later and nothing more happened.
    There's an even older suggestion about "community moderators" here: https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/6955017-idea-community-moderators
    That one is from January with a "Long Term" label.
    While I do not agree with the suggested application requirements, I still do think trakt definitely needs moderators for comments.
    And with moderators a way to message people directly. That would…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base